Gold Monkey Forum Store Gold Monkey Forum Store
Gold Monkey Forum
For "Grannies and Cows" "Lonely Old Bats"
"Old Coots and Geezers" and "Scatterbrains"

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:17:06 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

goldmonkey.org  |  General  |  In Memory (Moderator: Lalasmom)  |  Topic: Peaches Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Peaches Thread  (Read 2920 times)
Tibro

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 05:54:00 PM »

Re: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thread!
« Reply #625 on: September 27, 2008, 12:03:53 PM »

Good morning!  Thanks to someone wonderful somewhere, I got my two units of blood yesterday.  I feel a little perkier today...key word is a little.

Thanks to all who make giving blood a regular part of their schedule.  You are unsung heroes to those of us who find ourselves in need of blood products.  I try to always remember that somewhere somebody had to lay around for a couple hours on their time so I could come in here and lay around for a couple hours and get something I can't do without.

I'm looking forward to watching some NE football tonite along with whatever games I run across as I surf around.

Have a great day.  God is good all the time.

MumInOhio
2500 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 11:04:50 AM »

Peaches posted this a little while ago at SM...

None...if you see this she left you a post there earlier this morning.

Re: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead!
« Reply #643 on: Today at 12:04:43 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I'm headed for the hospital.  My onc is not happy with my latest CT so he wants me in patient to have a consult with a RAD-ONC since most of the new disease is thoracic.  Anyway, more when I know more.

Pray hard, my friends.  I love you all.

Some of us were shoved out of an "Open" forum....And I know WHY!

Coincidence...takes a whole lot of planning...
Tibro

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 04:59:56 PM »

Mum thank you for bringing Peaches' post over for us.

Praying hard for our dear Peaches.

We love you too Peaches. daisy
Tibro

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »

Re: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thread!
« Reply #683 on: Today at 09:17:50 AM »

Greetings from......my house!  WOOHOO!  Evidently, I was sufficiently adjusted and buffed up to go home on Wednesday afternoon, the 22th?  It's all a blur.  They changed my drugs or rather, changed the dosing schedule so they are taken closer together.  I started radiation last Monday while in the hospital to attempt to zap a mass as big as my fist that is pushing on my spinal cord at about T10-11 thru S1.  Nice.  So that has me in some considerable pain since this fist sized tumor is pushing on my freaking spinal cord.  I knew something was wrong.  So I started radiation last Monday.  Can't tell any difference yet one way or another.  This "mass pressing on the spinal cord" is hardly good news.  But so far thanks to God Almighty, I'm still walking around and feeling pretty good most of the time.  No chemo today as had been regularly scheduled.  I vetoed that idea.  This stuff has worked so far so I'm not doing it again.  My Doc agreed with me that after five rounds and a bad CT, there was little reason to go for round 6.  So my case is going to the tumor board again to see what's next.  Getting to see a pattern here, are we?  At least it doesn't include a dirt nap at this point.  Another big WOOHOO!

Alrighty, I have things to do before going to get zapped for today.  I appreciate your prayers and love you all.  Have a great day.
Elaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 04:27:49 PM »

Tibro, Thanks for letting us know that she is home.

Hoof hugs for all~!!
yapperz1
2500 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 05:37:33 PM »

I called & got her voice mail. Will let you know if she calls back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeD-lT0Rzpc

Proud of my new nickname: Mrs Mean Genes
MumInOhio
2500 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 12:06:35 PM »

Sorry...I forgot to bring this over from SM earlier. Posted by None...

« Reply #700 on: November 13, 2008, 09:07:01 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All- I didn't know whether to post this but I don't think Peaches would mind. I did speak to her by phone on my way through the airport late last week. She's been resting more lately due to her treatments, they are rigorous but her voice was hearty and her spirit strong !

I did remind her how much we all love her and believe in her capability to triumph over this disease.

I'll try to give her a call tomorrow, I have to work (conference calls most of the day) but I promise I'll try to reach her and let her know all of you post loving and supportive kind and generous heartfelt messages to her daily.

Puma
1000 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 04:52:50 PM »

Thanks, Mum.  Will remember to send prayers and healing thoughts her way. 

Jesus.  Wise men still seek Him.
MumInOhio
2500 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 03:04:08 PM »

From Peaches

« Reply #714 on: Today at 12:46:31 PM » Quote 

I'm still here.  I spoke to None the other day.  She is so wonderful.  I was surprised to hear from her but it was wonderful!

I don't really know what's supposed to be going on right now.  I did the fifteen rounds of radiation and I don't think, based on how I feel, that it had any appreciable effect.  The doctor did say it took the pressure of the tumor off my spine.  Nice.  Who knew?  It wore me out though.  So next week, I need to make an appt. to see my doctor and see what is next.  I feel like I am probably a couple units low on blood but that would be hard to make happen with the holiday and stuff.  I need to drink more Powerade or Gatorade so I don't feel so dehydrated. 

This year, we are staying home for the holiday.  I am just too pooped to go to my girlfriends like we have for the last 10 or so years.  Just too pooped.  I have such wonderful neighbors, four of them are delivering Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.  We have to put the turkey in the oven and cook it but the sides are all done and that's what would hang up Chef Dan.  So it's just pretty wonderful.  I got one of those Edible Arrangements today too.  It's like  a fruit salad on a stick that is made to look like a bucket of flowers.  It's pretty cool.  And some guy at his office sent home an apple pie yesterday so that's going to work out well.  I am very blessed to have such great neighbors and friends.  Needless to say, my DH is extremely relieved that all we have to do is put the turkey in the oven.  And so am I. 

Feels like nap time here.  Thank you as always for your continued prayers and good thoughts.  I need them now more than ever.  I'm not outta the fight yet.  I wish you all a blessed holiday with your family and friends.  I love you all.

Sam
Gold Monkey Angel
2500 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »

Lord I have never met anyone who has had so much determination as Peaches. Please bless her and help her through this. Let your miracles work through her. Give her Doctors the knowledge to find something to help her through this. These things we ask in the name of your son, Jesus Christ. Amen
bleachedblack
1000 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 03:53:19 PM »

Prayers to you Peaches , and to yours.......you are a warrior.

"True friends stab you in the front."
    Oscar Wilde
Carnut
Administrator

Wichita, Kansas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 07:07:15 PM »

From Peaches at SM.

Sorry to have been so lax in my updates.  There is just really nothing to tell.  I saw my oncologist last week and he put me on Arimidex which has been used for breast cancer.  It's oral so I don't think I have to go to clinic more than once a month and that is primarily to have the ever popular chest port flushed.  Just a maintenance deal.  Takes five minutes and gives me a chance to see all my nurses.  I made it through 15 rounds of radiation to reduce the size of the mass that was pushing on my spinal cord.  So I won't be paralyzed anything  soon.  I'd hate to miss all the other stuff. 
I think my doctor is kinda out of ideas.  He seemed very disappointed last time we talked.  I just want him to refer me back to  the liver doc who is a freaking genius and let him go in and clean up this big mess I have going on.  To say that my last CT scan
was "ominous" was not too encouraging.  That was the radiologist's word - ominous. 
 ominous areas, geez what do I win?  Other than the wonderful loving people I have encountered along the way,
I can think of nothing about cancer that is entertaining or even amusing in any way.  In fact, it's pissed me off to no end.  I like to be in control and I'm not.  That so sucks.  And it's boring as hell.  Thank you Fatigue! 
Okay, but I am still on the daisy side of the dirt here in the less than sunny South.  Thank you for your continued prayers and
support.   

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
goldmonkey.org  |  General  |  In Memory (Moderator: Lalasmom)  |  Topic: Peaches Thread « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
MySQL - PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC W3C XHTML - W3C CSS

Gold Monkey Chat Bar
T-Shirt Store

Legends Kennels

BTs Myspace

Sock Monkey Calendar

Gold Monkey Chat Bar
Cafepress Store

Cubbeegirls MySpace

Casas MySpace

Sues MySpace

Google
Carnut.com Web